What is a Leader?
In general terms, a leader is a person who has personally enrolled “so many” others and who is active in the business by meeting or exceeding the minimum personal and group volume requirements of the company’s compensation plan.
It would be great if everyone who joined a direct selling company became a leader. Unfortunately, this doesn’t happen. Instead, leaders comprise a small but important minority, usually 5-15% of a sales force.
Most leaders in a sales force aren’t naturally born that way.
Leadership development is the name given to a system that identifies prospective leaders and provides them with training, tools, support, and recognition. Your Leadership Development Program should attract and build strong leaders.
An investment in the future of others, leadership development is a priority of all successful direct selling companies. Leaders are vital to the growth of all direct selling companies. In fact, the strongest predictor for the future direction of a direct selling company (up or down) is the number of new first-level leaders.
What is a Leadership Development Program?
A Leadership Development Program is a company initiative with eight steps. The steps are:
- “Leader” definition.
- “Potential Leader” definition.
- Leadership development
- Leadership training.
- Leadership activities.
- Leadership rewards.
- Leadership promotion.
- Teambuilding culture.
Each step answers an essential question. Here are the eight questions:
- What is a leader?
- What is a potential leader?
- How will potential leaders become leaders?
- What do leaders need to know?
- What do all leaders do?
- What do new leaders receive when they become leaders and what do the upline leaders get when he or she helps in leadership development?
- How do the company and the field promote the leadership opportunity?
- In addition to promoting leadership, how will the company and the field promote teambuilding?
Do you have an effective Leadership Development Program? If not, contact the MLM consultants and party plan consultants at Sylvina Consulting.
Leave a Reply