At the end of April, we held our 11th Direct Selling Edge Conference which is our two-day school for owners, executives, and employees of network marketing and party plan direct selling companies. We co-sponsor this educational event two times each year.
Our panel of direct selling experts was asked, “What is the number one quality you see in successful direct sales companies?”
I think you’ll find their answers useful. Here they are:
- Having products that people will buy even if they are not making money through the company’s compensation plan
- Being persistent and patient as the company grows
- Keeping in touch with the field
- Having a strong leadership team at the home office
- Remembering it’s a marathon, not a sprint
- Having compassion
- Being true to yourself as an owner
- Creating an atmosphere and culture others want to be around
- Building relationships
Let me know what the #1 quality is that has made your company successful. Feel free to comment below.