According to Wikipedia, a website is a “collection of related web pages, images, videos or other digital assets that are hosted on one web server, usually accessible via the Internet.”
That’s the simple definition, but a website is really much more than that.
For direct selling companies, a website is also your front door for current and prospective representatives, and customers, and if yours is a party plan business, for hostesses as well.
Is your website welcoming your visitors?
Do your visitors stay awhile once they arrive?
Begin assessing your website by answering the following questions:
- What is each of the goals of your website?
- Have you evaluated your website to assess how it is meeting each of your goals?
- Have you identified the types of visitors you wish to welcome to your website?
- Does your home page provide a clear navigation path for each of your types of website visitors?
- Throughout your website’s pages, do you provide more than one clear method of navigation?
- Are you tracking visitor statistics by path?
- Have you identified your conversion activities?
- Are you monitoring trends in conversions?
Referrals and Links
- Where are your website visitors coming from?
- From which websites are your visitors referred?
- Are you reporting which keywords direct visitors to you?
- Are you adjusting your keywords periodically and monitoring changes in traffic as a result?
- Is your website loaded with enough white space?
- Are the content and the navigation easily understood?
- Do you have a blog on your website?
- If you do, are you updating content at least weekly?
- Are you inviting your readers to comment on your posts?
- Do you update your content regularly?
- Is the contact information correct?
- Have you removed references to “upcoming” events that have come and gone?
Sylvina Consulting offers a range of consulting services to established and emerging network marketing and party plan companies, including website assessments. For more information, click here or call 503.244.8787.